Monday, March 17, 2008

small update from Ryan

right, Will set me up with a system I can run Blender on a few weeks ago, and I have modeled the doctors head so far. I've also gotten permission to install blender at my workstation in the CNS department and work on it during downtime. unfortunately, downtime is becoming more and more of a rarity in the office and my homework and study loads keep getting bigger. I'm really feeling the stress of this production, school, and work right now and I'm really hoping I can do this. I know I can do it, it's kind of like looking at a cliff you're about to climb and thinking "I'm supposed to get all the way to the top?" (I like to rock climb, so that's where the analogy comes from.) what's more is that there's a time limit, and technical issues which need to be worked out, along with my general inexperience in the field. as will said before, he's a year ahead of me, at least. I just started in 3D august 2007, and my ignorance is apparent, at least to me.

I'll upload a picture of the doctor's head real soon, I still need to put teeth in his mouth, and work out some issues with the lips.

No comments: