Monday, January 28, 2008

Soldiers and story boards

whew, I feel absolutely useless to this project right now. I've been trying to work out a new soldier concept because we don't really have time to model rig and all that for an entire new character who would be able to express emotions. the soldiers as they are right now would have to be able to yell, cringe and express pain and all that. which would require a lot of work with the face. I was at work and I thought maybe using a Riot helmet with a reflective sheild would work, and after experimenting with some conceptual drawings and found one I liked. unfortunately it looks similar (but definitely not)to the Halo helmets from the well known video game series.
well, I left those conceptual drawings home this weekend, so I had to draw a new one to show my partner, and together we came up with something that will work. it requires a re-make of the soldier concept though. it's difficult because neither of us have really worked with armor before, and we're going for a very specifica look that is still practical to a point.

the story boards are going to start when we have some free time, and I am excited about finally getting the story down visually. to start setting up camera angles and what not. being able to block out the animations and everything I think will really help me get excited about the project. not that I'm not excited about it, I just have a lot going on right now and I feel as if I haven't been doing enough for the project. I feel bad about it really.

music is coming together, but it's not really my department, we're having a few friends of ours play instruments and it's going to be amazing. look forward to a little sample maybe.

No comments: